Anteroom of Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you Joker, King or Queen?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Lies Beneath

Go down 
+27
Twiekieman
NatCroix
Suomi_Rocks
Obscured
Almagest
VNoita
Manxita
WhiteNightFantasy178
DarkStar
ice-princess
Crysta
LuciferAmadxander
torispooky
whutnot
Evie
Daniela
Novaë
crucified_vampire
Eressa
VivekaPandora
icare4u
Tosca
Myla
Jimi B
Karina
Naiad
Helene
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LuciferAmadxander

What Lies Beneath - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:16 am

Oh, I don't think Ghost love score and Naiad have any similarities... not at all. GLS is definitely an "epic romance", it's pretty much a score whereas Naiad is a soft ballad with orchestral arrangement. Thus, the context and meaning of both songs are also very different. The connection between the two songs, if any, is ... the ocean

BTW, Guys, have you read Tarja's new post? "There will be several surprises and among them, a song that many of you have requested in the forums for more than 10 years…".... oh my god, she has triggered my curiosity....I'm so eager to know what song it could be????

Almagest, can you tell us your prediction about that little surprise...? I'm not much into her official her forum so I just can't guess what that song is!

Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:23 am

as i said on her blog i'd just love the song to be Gethsemane but i dont think it has been requested hehhe

Stargazers is such an amazing song, too.. it was love at first listen...the same as Gethsemane
Back to top Go down
LuciferAmadxander

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:41 am

I wonder how these olden songs would sound if she decides so sing them again nowadays (I know this is quite impossible but I still dream is to hear all the old songs to be rerecorded one more time)....
Back to top Go down
Eressa

Eressa

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:50 am

she also said the new UMLB video will be up soon.

I must say that... I am actually scared of seeing this video, I am afraid to be disappointed again, not by Tarja of course, but of what might come out of this... this whole release has been such a mess, it makes me sad.

Please please please gods of metal, let the video be awesome *prying, begging smiley*

And I want to hear wanderlust!! alien
Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:39 am

Eressa wrote:
she also said the new UMLB video will be up soon.

I must say that... I am actually scared of seeing this video, I am afraid to be disappointed again, not by Tarja of course, but of what might come out of this... this whole release has been such a mess, it makes me sad.

Please please please gods of metal, let the video be awesome *prying, begging smiley*

And I want to hear wanderlust!! alien

yep it has been such a mess! poor Tarja she didn't deserve it.. i think the record company should take her more seriously! she is a great artist
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:56 am

I think I'm the only one who doesn't get all this video drama Laughing . I mean: we were supposed to have only one single and one video, but we got TWO songs and TWO videos (very similar though) which will be used on different territories... what's the dramatic part of the story? scratch . I didn't liked the "Until My Last Breath" video, but not because of the similarities shared with the "I Feel Immortal" one, but because it hadn't a big connection with the lyrics or the mood of the song, that's all.
And I'd never ask Tarja to make a new video just because I didn't liked the one she made Neutral , but well, she filmed a new one so nobody can complain now Mr. Green .
And as for the mysteryous song... I hope it's "Gethsemane" I love you
Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 am

Belial wrote:
I think I'm the only one who doesn't get all this video drama Laughing . I mean: we were supposed to have only one single and one video, but we got TWO songs and TWO videos (very similar though) which will be used on different territories... what's the dramatic part of the story? scratch . I didn't liked the "Until My Last Breath" video, but not because of the similarities shared with the "I Feel Immortal" one, but because it hadn't a big connection with the lyrics or the mood of the song, that's all.
And I'd never ask Tarja to make a new video just because I didn't liked the one she made Neutral , but well, she filmed a new one so nobody can complain now Mr. Green .
And as for the mysteryous song... I hope it's "Gethsemane" I love you

hahah i didnt complain about the video, i complained about the release!!.. anyway, i found some connection with the lyrics lol
i also want that song to be Gethsemane! i just love that song!!!
Back to top Go down
Eressa

Eressa

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:30 pm

MUAHAHAHA!!

Tarja made it into the Top 100 Mexico in the 74th position!

Nobody hears Metal here, and she has ha no promotion whatsoever, and still she made it! In a country where everyone downloads music illegally!!

AWESOME!

http://greaves.tv/amprofon3/Top100.pdf
Back to top Go down
Obscured

Obscured

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:33 pm

tarja will do something unexpected Cool
Back to top Go down
VivekaPandora

VivekaPandora

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:51 pm

I GOT MY TARJA CD OMFG OMFG *runs around in circles, hits a wall and becomes unconscious*

Pics of the Deluxe US edition coming soon... once I stop freaking out. Laughing Apparently, the bookelet art is different?

@Eressa: AWESOME!! cheers She totally deserves it - I hope her position rises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/VivekaPandora
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:16 am

VivekaPandora wrote:
I GOT MY TARJA CD OMFG OMFG *runs around in circles, hits a wall and becomes unconscious*

Pics of the Deluxe US edition coming soon... once I stop freaking out. Laughing Apparently, the bookelet art is different?

@Eressa: AWESOME!! cheers She totally deserves it - I hope her position rises!

Congratz! I'm getting mine today *.*

@Eressa + 1!
Back to top Go down
LuciferAmadxander

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:27 am

My gosh, have you watched her brand new UMLB music video? I'm in love with it, I think. It's different than the previos one and really makes sense this time.
Seems like this clip is the original one, not the freaky one with the scuba diver.
Back to top Go down
whutnot

whutnot

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 am

okay here are my thoughts on What Lies Beneath

ANTEROOM OF DEATH- okay, this song has totally shot itself into my top five songs of all time! I absolutely love. I am a sucker for the harpsichord and I love the baroque feel of it. That's my favorite musical period, so this song totally combines many of my favorite musical elements. And Van Canto's part was really well done, but I would have liked it if Tarja had sung more there. And I like the strings warming up at the beginning. And Tarja's laugh! That's an awesome touch. I really can't wait to hear this live.

UNTIL MY LAST BREATH- I didn't even realize that there were acoustic guitars in this until I watched the making of video, but now I can hear them if I listen, and I think that's a genius thing to do. It adds a different element to the song. And I love the harmony in the versus. It makes the alto in me very happy. The breathing at the end really doesn't bother me. I like the album ending much better than the single one. It feels more...complete. And I really adore the lyrics as well. It may be a bit poppy, but I think that's fine for a single. Its got enough hard and heavy elements to make me happy.

DARK STAR- I was wary of the chants at first, but now I actually really enjoy what they add to the song. It gives it a nice twist. Phil's voice really complements Tarja's very well in this song. I think that the guitars sound awesome (and I think that for the entire album. So much better than MWS). Very catchy chorus. Its certainly not a super complicated song, but it doesn't have to be. Its good and solid.

UNDERNEATH - “I love the Underneath. Its a song that makes me fly.” I think Tarja herself summed it up nicely when she said that. I agree with her. I love the way it builds from the first to the second verse. The piano parts are so lovely and I really love that Tarja did them herself. It makes everything seem more...her. And the lyrics are so very beautiful. “Something inside me, invisible. Turning the fragile unbreakable.” that has to be one of my favorite lines of all time.

LITTLE LIES- Love love love the riffs! I can't help but bang my head (which is not such a good idea when I am driving. Very dangerous.) I like the versus much more than the chorus. After such a hard and fast verse, the chorus is almost a let down after the verses. But I still find the chorus to be terribly catchy! And I absolutely adore the epic choral part in the bridge.

RIVERS OF LUST- so beautiful and touching. One of my favorites, most definitely. I really don't have much to way about it because its just so perfect. It gives me chills.

IN FOR A KILL- its about sharks, okay. Sharks. Lols, I love this song! I have since I first listened to the recordings from Classic and Divine! At first I was disappointed that, yet again, her voice sounded a little thinner than it does live, but I have gotten over that. The song rocks, and the end always leaves me with a huge smile on my face and people stare at me when i'm walking to class.

MONTANAS DE SILENCIO- I admit, I was disappointed when I learned that the US version would have this instead of I Feel Immortal, but I am not sad about that anymore. This song is absolutely gorgeous. So beautiful. It really is like a continuation of Oasis. The only thing that could have made it better would be if it was in Finnish!

FALLIN AWAKE- I love the na na na's at the beginning and in the bridge. I actually think I like the guitar solo from the single better, but they are both awesome. Anyway, I really love this song. Its so uplifting but kind of hard and dangerous at the same time. I don't think I will ever get tired of it. Again, I really love the lyrics. And i'm not a very big lyrics person, so its a big deal for me to get excited about lyrics!

THE ARCHIVE OF LOST DREAMS- as much as it pains me to say (since this is the only song that Tarja wrote completely along) its my least favorite on the album. That being said, I still think its a beautiful piece, its just a little boring compared to the rest of the album, and the other true ballad, Rivers of Lust, just simply outshines it.

CRIMSON DEEP- this one had to grow on me. I really didn't like it to begin with. I couldn't understand why everyone was so excited about it. But now, I really like it. Its so passionate and a very deep (lol) composition.

WE ARE- I agree with everyone that said this should have been on the album and not just a bonus. Its a great song and it keeps getting stuck in my head! Its very different from the rest of the album, but I can see a lot of similar elements to Naiad. Perhaps it was written around the same time. The guitar solo is awesome. I really enjoy the interesting melody lines of the versus.

NAIAD- this one threw me. I had to listen to it a few times before I made a judgment. And I really like it. A lot. The strings in the chorus are epic. I love them. But, I see absolutely no resemblance to Ghost Love Score. At all.

STILL OF THE NIGHT- I like the live version better, but I can here the guitars so much better in the album version, and I really love the guitars in this song! I think its a good cover. Completely different from the original, but in a good way. The huge orchestral parts are awesome, and the ending kicks major ass.

so all in all, i think this is a really awesome album. i love almost all of the songs, which is a really rare thing for me. i think that her vocals are really perfect for the album. perhaps they are not the most technically correct that she has been, but they are really very emotional, and that counts for so much more.

also, i love the new UMLB video. she looks fantastic (as always)
Back to top Go down
http://whutnot.deviantart.com/
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 pm

I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEED the new video for "Until My Last Breath" Very Happy
Way better than the previous one (you know... this actually makes sense... Laughing ). The picture parts looked amateurish, but I didn't cared, I think she did a great job with this clip Cool
Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

i bought my copy of WLB!!! cheers cheers cheers

i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the booklet!!!!

Back to top Go down
Eressa

Eressa

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:45 pm

I really like the new UMLB video!

It's funny though, a different idea crossed my mind in the beginning of the video: Tarja performs, audience is uninterested, and she seems to be really upset and saddened and leaves the bar in a very depressed state or with a "I don't care anymore" attitude. Next thing we see, the news report of her death in "still unknown circumstances" I went "OMG SHE KILLED HERSELF!!" tongue
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:39 pm

I loved the piano parts at the begining, it was a nice melody I love you .
It could be like that, maybe in the plot of the video she commits suicide... but let's not talk about it anymore, "Tarja + Death" is not my favorite kind of topic Laughing
Back to top Go down
icare4u

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Belial wrote:
but let's not talk about it anymore, "Tarja + Death" is not my favorite kind of topic Laughing

nor is it my favorite topic...just makes me think of other favorite singers we lost....don't want to think of that happening to Tarja. *likes that one picture in WLB booklet less now*
Back to top Go down
Obscured

Obscured

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:32 pm

i like so much more this umlb video! i just wish the camera's quality were less ''homemade'' ...but I cannot complain, life is good....as long as tarja doesn't die o.0
Back to top Go down
VivekaPandora

VivekaPandora

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 pm

I didn't really care for the UMLB video. For one, it looks really fan-made, and seems a little conceited with all the self-promotion. Laughing Plus, the "3D Tarja Hologram Projector" was freaking hysterical. Laughing But of course, Tarja is as beautiful as always. Very Happy

(I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. I will not listen to "Anteroom of Death" until I can record my reaction. GODDAMMIT I WANT TO LISTEN TO IT RIGHT NOW THIS VERY SECOND NOOOOOOOO)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/VivekaPandora
icare4u

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 am

After thinking about it now, the video doesn't really make sense. First she plays in some bar and nobody cares about her..then after her "death" the newsspeaker says she was on all magazine covers all over the world...that doesn't fit really...if she was that famous appearing all over the news, she would not get ignored in that bar...
Back to top Go down
Manxita

Manxita

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:29 am

I disagree with that, there are a lot of artists who were really big "back in their day" and now nobody remembers them...and they're singing in clubs and small places and nobody really cares...some even end up in reality shows xD
Back to top Go down
Obscured

Obscured

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Manxita wrote:
I disagree with that, there are a lot of artists who were really big "back in their day" and now nobody remembers them...and they're singing in clubs and small places and nobody really cares...some even end up in reality shows xD

agree...remember this is about michael....he was everything back in the day, but in his last years of life he only became famous because of his ''craziness'' or however you wanna call it and didn't get any recognition for his music anymore...tarja pictures that here...and then everyone goes tarja-crazy (wich is exactly what happened with michael's death, the albums just started selling thousands again and everyone had jackson-fever, and of course the label, milked the sittuation the best they could) tought I dont really understand the part where tarja wakes up but hey, us venezuelans fans appear! Laughing tarja loves us Twisted Evil

Last edited by Obscured on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:14 pm

It really doesn't matter which artist died because after his/her death the albums will sell big time, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, Roy Orbinson, Kurt Cobaine, John Lennon and indeed also Michael Jackson, after they died they gain more money... of course their recordlabels were very happy with it..... and their loved ones.... and their managers... pirat
In my country we call this "De één zijn dood is de ander zijn brood....." and in english it would be something like "the death of one person is food for another...".... Sad
Back to top Go down
Tzonki_Magnolia

Tzonki_Magnolia

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:57 am

Wow the video was strange. But I loved it especially the scenes with the flower bed and the disco ball. It was indeed a good video, and I kinda like more than I feel Immortal.

Also, wish me luck, today I'm going to a specialized store in my city to looks for WLB. I bet I don't find it. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Lies Beneath
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next