Anteroom of Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you Joker, King or Queen?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Lies Beneath

Go down 
+27
Twiekieman
NatCroix
Suomi_Rocks
Obscured
Almagest
VNoita
Manxita
WhiteNightFantasy178
DarkStar
ice-princess
Crysta
LuciferAmadxander
torispooky
whutnot
Evie
Daniela
Novaƫ
crucified_vampire
Eressa
VivekaPandora
icare4u
Tosca
Myla
Jimi B
Karina
Naiad
Helene
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NatCroix

What Lies Beneath - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:19 am

I think that review reflects perfectly the kind of person who wrote it alien !

I don't care what they say because their silly words decay!!

WLB kicks major ass!!
Back to top Go down
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:32 am

NatCroix wrote:
I think that review reflects perfectly the kind of person who wrote it alien !

I don't care what they say because their silly words decay!!

WLB kicks major ass!!

Amen to that NatCroix, What Lies Beneath is definitely kicking ass.
On the 11th of october Tarja will perform in Tilburg (the Netherlands) and i really hope she will sing most of the WLB-songs because in my opinion songs like Underneath, I Feel Immortal, Dark Star and Anteroom of Death made for a LIVE show!
Of course the other songs are fantastic as well but everyone has their favorite(s) songs... Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:39 am

VNoita wrote:
Hey, Modern Talking are good! How can you mention them in one sentence with that kid? Razz
And this is one review which I can't take seriously.

lol! , VNoita .... of course it's a personal matter of taste which artist you like, for me 'that kid' and MT are not my kind of artists although artists is in this case to much honour....hahaha but i respect someones choice.
But let's face it, MT was a product of the 80's and 'that kid' is a eggproduct of this decade so to compare them is no issue, as i said earlier it's just a matter of personal taste... cheers

About that review, you are right because it can't be taken seriously at all, i assume the reviewer was born without a natural feeling for true music and as such he living by it, writing silly reviews without giving explanations why he/she writes it!
Years ago we had in my country a interviewer who wrote a very bad review about Nightwish' Once-album.....without even having listened to it!
Later he admitted that he didn't liked Tarja's voice in combination with symphonic metal..., never heard of him anymore!
Back to top Go down
VivekaPandora

VivekaPandora

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Critics of metal are, from what I've read, pretty harsh on everything not "metal enough" - aka, musicians or albums that are to "poppy" or experimental. If it's not full-force aggression and masculinity, they have a tendancy to be harder on it... I think I'm seeing something to that effect in that review. It doesn't even sound like he listened to it. Laughing

In other whining, the CD came out in the US on the 14th and it hasn't even been shipped out to me yet. -_- (Note to self: do not buy from Omega Order again.)

I was planning on taking pics of the US version of the CD and posting a review, but it may have to be a while. -_-
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/VivekaPandora
whutnot

whutnot

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:43 am

VivekaPandora wrote:

In other whining, the CD came out in the US on the 14th and it hasn't even been shipped out to me yet. -_- (Note to self: do not buy from Omega Order again.)

mine finally shipped last Wednesday, but even though i paid for 2-3 day shipping, it won't get here until today. did you get the bundle or just the CD?
Back to top Go down
http://whutnot.deviantart.com/
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:13 am

I absolutely ADORE this album... I'll say what I think about each song later, right now I'm too lazy for that Razz
Back to top Go down
whutnot

whutnot

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:49 pm

woohoo!!! finally received my copy in the mail today!cheers i think that the delivery man knew how much danger he was in. he was back in his truck before i even got to the door Twisted Evil

i will write a full review either tomorrow or Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
VivekaPandora

VivekaPandora

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:33 pm

whutnot wrote:
VivekaPandora wrote:

mine finally shipped last Wednesday, but even though i paid for 2-3 day shipping, it won't get here until today. did you get the bundle or just the CD?
I ordered both, because I'm planning on giving the CD by itself to someone else. WHICH ARRIVED TODAY! ...and yet, not the bundle with my CD in it. -_-

Happy you got it by the way! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/VivekaPandora
whutnot

whutnot

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:26 pm

that's really strange that the bundle hasn't even shipped yet. they were supposed to all ship out last week.
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Ok this is what I think about "What Lies Beneath" (I KNOW that no one gives a damn about my opinion, but I'm writing it anyways Laughing ).

Anteroom Of Death

Probably the most surprising track of the album. A catchy piece with an eccentric victorianesque atmosphere that teases you to join Tarja's dark party and leave your masks behind for a while, to take the risk of confronting your own role in life, to assume that sometimes we're not what we're supposed to be, and of course: to have fun during this gothic voyage Twisted Evil .
Everything in this song sounds theatrical, dramatic and classically elegant, but all in all it can be described as a powerful composition, and the best invitation to enter Turunen's passionate world (after throwing all your masks away, of course Cool )

Until My Last Breath

This is what I'd label as the less risky song from these recordings: an efficient rock hit with a keyboard intro and a catchy chorus that doesn't represents a step forward in the soprano's career, considering its similarities with "Nemo", and several other singles released in the female fronted metal world. But even though is not a particulary inspired tune, the contagious melody and the finn's magnificent vocal performance, makes "Until My Last Breath" a more than decent work, and a perfect lead single.

I Feel Immortal

The first ballad shows up. An atmospheric soft and gentle music leads us to what is probably Tarja's most fragile side; with tenderness and vulnerabilty being whispered out of her lips, the classical trained singer tell us a sad story about struggling with death and love loss.
Certainly touching and a pleasent lullaby to relax and travel through our minds.

In For A Kill

And finally the wickedness appears pirat , based on the feeling of fear and danger provoked by sharks, the brunette delivers an amazing demostration of how Symphonic Metal should sound in 2010. With a myseryous cello intro, the song evolves in terms of suspense as long as the timer runs, and the shivers down your spine quickly show the intensity of this masterpiece.
The sensation of something terrible aroung the corner is present during the whole song. Epic, a classic has born.

Underneath

With a self esteem manifest as lyrics and beautiful notes bringing them to life, it is quite hard not to fall in love with this composition. A sweet piano ballad which simplicity only increases its beautiness; enjoyable from the beggining to the end, and a future anthem in concerts I love you .

Little Lies

Yes, Lady Turunen is also a metal chick and she still wants to make us bang our heads while checking her albums jocolor . A collection of heavy badass riffs, an epic chorus providing filmscore moments, and Tarja in a pissed off attitude singing about the hypocricy and the manipulation of the truth around the media and the entertainment industry, are anough to please the guitar addicted side of her audience. A niiiiiice tune Smile .

Rivers Of Lust

It's a proven fact that this singer is not afraid of carrying strong topics in the text of her songs ("Boy And The Ghost"), and this track re-confirms it. Written from the victims point of view, this piece narrates the internal pain and shows the aching scars left by child abuse and prostitution.
With a powerful chorus and swiming deep into the darkest territories of our society, "Rivers Of Lust" manages to make the listener feel the burden of guilt and shame, in the most beautiful kind of way. An intense vocal storm, a piano and an efficient orchestra build 04:26 minutes of magic. A highlight.

Dark Star

Another moment for the rockers. An arabic cello courtesy of Max Lilja is the introduction of what I consider the catchiest instance of "What Lies Beneath".
Heavily influenced by NĆ¼ Metal and American bands, Tarja joins All That Remains frontman Phil Labonte to kick some asses singing about people she dislikes. Yes: the woman is pissed again and she wants to punch you in the face. Simple and addictive: a great duet.

Falling Awake

"Naa Naa Naaa" ... as strange as it sounds, it is the unexpected intro of my favorite moment from the finnish diva's second offer. This song has it all: an original sound which fuses Tarja's classical touch with surprising new elements, profound lyrics to which everyone can relate, killer riffs and the combined efforts of a bunch of the most amazing musicians in the industry. Max Lilja, Mike Terrana, Joe Satriani and Tarja Turunen play their hearts out on this magnificent soon-to-be-classic.
Do I need to say more? if you don't FEEL with this... you've got no blood in your veins for sure.

The Archive Of Lost Dreams

At this point, rock tunes and ballads made their way across this dark parade... it's turn of the latest now: a delicate verse acapella and some little help from very few yet expressive instruments are the only elements of this ode to Turunen's classical side.
Calm yet firmly, the emotions fly through this solemn song as undiscovered sirens in the ocean. It takes a few rolls in the discman to get the full beautiness behind each note in this particular case, but the reward worths the patience.

Crimson Deep

And this is it. the grand finalle. After shipping over a sea of distorted guitars, operatic vocals and orchestral elegance, there's one last door to open, a final performance in this unusual theatre.
A slow march of doomy riffs and gothic influenced keyboards prepare the ground for Tarja on "Crimson Deep".
Together with "Anteroom Of Death" this is without any doubt the most complex song of the record. Without restraining her voice, the goddess of symphonic metal didn't hesitate to blow our minds away with the strenght of her insanely powerful vocal performance, reaching notes with such magesty, that would make a vast amount of her colleagues run and hide under their beds.
After 11 exciting chapters, Tarja Turunen has managed to succesfully submit us into her thoughts and feelings regarding hope, death, fear, despair, lonelyness, adventure and a diverse palette of emotions and melodies.
Have we discovered what lies benath? I doesn't really matters, the trick is to enjoy the ride Wink

10/10

I know it sounds fanboyish, but I love the album , I can't help it I love you

Last edited by Belial on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 pm

Johannes Paul segundo

i'm really eager to read more of your review..hope you continue it as soon as possible (given that you tend to disappear) Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Nati, do not treat me like that, because you know that... "YOOUUU CAANNOOT TAKEE AWAAAYYYYY WHAAAT IIIII BEEELIEEEEEEEEVEEEEE!!!!!!"

... Laughing

Ok, enough stupidity for now Mr. Green back on topic: yes, I'll continue my boring review in some hours I guess, today is 3:00 am here and I should be sleeping... writing reviews about Tarja albums is something I certainly shouldn't be doing Razz
But all I can say about "What Lies Beneath" is that I loved it, to me it's a 10/10 work I love you
Back to top Go down
CroatianFirecracker

CroatianFirecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:32 am

I'm with Juan on this.

WLB is so much more then just a random album.

To me it's special. Has many things that happen in life, not only mine.
My fav still remains Dark Star...Juan and Henry are in their stories Razz

Also... Call me dumb but am I the only one who "Naiad" reminds of Ghost Love Score for some reason? Razz
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:40 am

"Naiad" like "Ghost Love Score"? scratch not at all Laughing , I don't hear any resemblance, they're totally different for me... I told you to stop drinking Twiekie's dutch coffee Jele, it is NOT healthy and causes some damage up there in the head Mr. Green .
Anyway. back on topic... I wonder WHERE will "The Crying Moon" be finally released... Question
Back to top Go down
CroatianFirecracker

CroatianFirecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:04 am

Nopa. wasn't drinking for a while...okay i am lying i was drinking 2 days ago Very Happy

No there is somehing about Naiad that reminds me of it.
Listen to the orchesta and the final part. Very remindy of GLS Smile
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 am

Yeah, the violins thingy have a slightly Ghostlovescoresque feeling, but that's it for me, I don't find any other similarities Razz
I've been listening to "What Lies Beneath" since five hours ago Laughing I'm gonna loose my last glimpse of sanity with this album Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
CroatianFirecracker

CroatianFirecracker

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:34 am

Belial wrote:
Yeah, the violins thingy have a slightly Ghostlovescoresque feeling, but that's it for me, I don't find any other similarities Razz
I've been listening to "What Lies Beneath" since five hours ago Laughing I'm gonna loose my last glimpse of sanity with this album Mr. Green

I'm going insane with Rammstein...
omfg Rammlied is fantastic Very Happy

WLB? Holy soot i listen to it all the time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:05 pm

CroatianFirecracker wrote:
I'm with Juan on this.

Also... Call me dumb but am I the only one who "Naiad" reminds of Ghost Love Score for some reason? Razz

Jele, i agree with Juan on this one, i have listened many times to Naiad but i really can't find a reason why this song would reminds me of 'Ghost Love Score'.
Sure, Naiad is absolutely beautiful but for me 'Ghost Love Score' is from another reality, the music and Tarja's voice made GLS for me the best song ever and i don't think there will be another song which will change my mind... geek
And you are not dumb .... only insane...haahahaha... jocolor
Back to top Go down
Naiad
Mistress
Naiad

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Twiekieman wrote:
I'm with Juan on this.

Jele, i agree with Juan on this one, i have listened many times to Naiad but i really can't find a reason why this song would reminds me of 'Ghost Love Score'.
Sure, Naiad is absolutely beautiful but for me 'Ghost Love Score' is from another reality, the music and Tarja's voice made GLS for me the best song ever and i don't think there will be another song which will change my mind... geek
And you are not dumb .... only insane...haahahaha... jocolor

What about Creek Mary's Blood? That song was truly amazing as well!
Back to top Go down
https://anteroomofdeath.forumotion.com
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm with Juan on this.

My favourite song is also Dark Starrrrr!!! What a song, gosh!

I call you dumb Razz hehehee Naiad reminds you of GLS?!? ROFL
Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Belial wrote:
Ghostlovescoresque

hahahaha what a word! I'll add it to my english dictionary!

this is what Tuomas gets..his songs will be included in the Oxford English Dictionary
Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Belial wrote:
I know it sounds fanboyish, but I love the album , I can't help it I love you

That's why I will not take your review seriously.. you are waaaaaaaayy too fanboy-ish

hahahahahaahahahahah excellent review! I love you

I'm buying the album on Thursday !!

PS: What about We are, Naiad and Still of the night?? No
Back to top Go down
Obscured

Obscured

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm

People I have an idea (I posted it in the OF but nobody payed attention to it) but i would like if we could ghater lots of tarjistas that use twitter and set a date to make #WhatLiesBeneath a trending topic....what do you guys think? What a Face
Back to top Go down
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Obscured wrote:
People I have an idea (I posted it in the OF but nobody payed attention to it) but i would like if we could ghater lots of tarjistas that use twitter and set a date to make #WhatLiesBeneath a trending topic....what do you guys think? What a Face

Count on me!
Back to top Go down
Almagest
Protector of Tarja's Craziest Fangirls
Almagest

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:14 am

VivekaPandora wrote:
Critics of metal are, from what I've read, pretty harsh on everything not "metal enough" - aka, musicians or albums that are to "poppy" or experimental. If it's not full-force aggression and masculinity, they have a tendancy to be harder on it... I think I'm seeing something to that effect in that review. It doesn't even sound like he listened to it. Laughing
Heh, Stern is a total mainstream magazine, not even a music magazine. I doubt that whoever wrote that text is big on metal. He doesn't even seem to know of Nightwish, Tarja, or symphonic metal in the first place, and this was his first contact with it. Unless he feigned ignorance.

What I really believe that happened is that the person played the first track, went "WTF?" and stopped. I very much doubt that he even reached as far as Crimson Deep.

As for elitist metal critics, WLB has two 85% reviews on Metal Archives even, ill famed as their haven. Take that, haters! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/florianblaschke
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Lies Beneath   What Lies Beneath - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Lies Beneath
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next