Anteroom of Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you Joker, King or Queen?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books

Go down 
+3
Puffin
Manxita
icare4u
7 posters
AuthorMessage
icare4u

Books Empty
PostSubject: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Anybody on here who likes to read? If so ..what? And what are you currently reading?

Just finished a book by Andrea Camilleri - The 3 lives of Michele Sparacino...and now I am reading a book by Ana Veloso, "The Girl at the Rio Paraíso"...not sure if there is a translation of it...
Back to top Go down
Manxita

Manxita

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 pm

I LOVE to read! Smile

I read all sorts of books, but I prefer fantasy /sci-fi / crime novels...and also old classics, such as Jane Austen novels (I ADORE her books!).
Right now I'm reading 2 books, one is by Tanya Huff called Blood Pact (it's the 4th book in the Blood Ties series), and I'm also reading Vampire Diaries The Return: Shadow Souls.

I'm at a period of my life when I'd rather read some light and fun books, I'm not up for anything too filosophical or too dramatic (as it probably shows in my book choices xD). Been through some rough times and I need good distractions, and these work like a charm Wink
Back to top Go down
Puffin

Puffin

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:30 pm

I love to read too and I'm always doing so! I buy mostly used books, they have character, and it doesn't hurt that the local bookstore, really it's just a little "hole" in the wall, has a policy where you already get a certain discount price on books that are already cheap. I always end up coming out with no less then two bags when I go no matter how much money I take. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Anywho, I have three books that I'm reading right now and I'll go from the ones I like least to my favorite. Mr. Green
  • 1.) Coast to Coast Ghosts: True Stories of Hauntings Across America by Leslie Rule - I've been reading this book for a while and I simply have not been able to really get into it. It's technically not my book rather my Mother's so I guess that's fine but I had expected to enjoy it since I do love the paranormal.

• 2.) A Fistful of Charms (book #4 of The Hollows series) by Kim Harrison - Now I've already read this book a few times before but I, over the past year or so, drifted away from the series so I'm trying to refresh my memory so I can be ready for the latest book, which I still need to buy. Razz

• 3.) Beach Music by Pat Conroy - Pat Conroy is probably my favorite author and his way of writing about the ocean and beaches almost make me want to go there, though, I can't because of my fear of deep water and what not. Anyways, this is my second favorite novel he's written but I can't talk too much about it because it's hard when even the slightest detail would give away the whole book. It is very touching and, yes, I do cry a lot when I read it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Crysta

Crysta

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:53 pm

I am also a fan of buying used books. They do indeed have character, plus it is economical and environment friendly Smile

I love reading, but being a literature student I don't have much time to read (as ironic as it may sound LOL).

I am very into fantasy books. Right now I am reading the Discworld series by Terry Prechette. I think the man is a genius.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/marina.kozlov?v=app_2309869772#!/marina.
TerrenaAnimula

TerrenaAnimula

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:42 pm

I love to read! When I have the time and don't have a headache.

I'm supposed to be currently reading "Come on Shore and We Will Kill and Eat You All: A New Zealand Story" for my Australia & New Zealand class. Can't bring myself to read it since it is not something I would normally pick up to read. But as long as I finish reading it and write a 3 page essay by tuesday night, it's all good. XD Although, we were supposed to have finished reading this book this past tuesday. XD

As for what I normally read, paranormal romance or just paranormal fiction. I've gotten to the point where I just stick with the current series I am reading since I'm running out of room for books. Hence the reason I have an iTouch with the kindle app for ebooks. I still want a kindle though. :/

Well..I buy my books from a bookstore...normally mainstream ones since the only other bookstore in town is a used bookstore and they don't order new books which is the reason I go into the mainstream bookstore. XD I do get e-books if they are available or if I don't already have most of the series in actual physical books. But I have bought used books. The used bookstore is a cute little place...although...I don't go there much because I end up finding books I want that are of the expensive nature with the leather bindings and gilded edges and are basically antiques.

Basically, if you want to see what all I read you can check out my GoodReads account.
Back to top Go down
http://terrenaanimula.deviantart.com/
icare4u

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:08 pm

I usually go to the library...I gotta stop buying books..lol..but I don't manage..I think i have over 700 books so far...bought books...
Back to top Go down
Daniela
Avantasian
Daniela

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:01 pm

I´m really into reading books, but unfortunately I don´t have much time to read anymore Crying or Very sad

My most beloved writers are Tolkien, Eddings, Paolini, Pratchett... mostly fantasy I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.thequeenofice.blog.cz
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Books are definitely, with music, my favorite waste of time...:-)
Sci Fi, thrillers, action, horror, fantasy, biography, astronomy, archealogy, antropology, ancient cultures are always interesting for me.
The last book i bought and still reading is a biography about the first part of the life of Genghis Kahn, very interesting... study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books   Books I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anteroom of Death :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: