Anteroom of Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you Joker, King or Queen?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tristania

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Naiad
Mistress
Naiad

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:56 pm

I so totally thought the new album Rubicon sucked so bad. I miss old Tristania so much, not just Vibeke but also the music and everything. Boo for new Tristania.
Back to top Go down
https://anteroomofdeath.forumotion.com
Novaë

Novaë

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 am

I miss old Tristania too Neutral

I liked two or three songs of Rubicon... btw, where is Vibeke?
Back to top Go down
Naiad
Mistress
Naiad

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:49 am

Novaë wrote:

She teaches music or singing somewhere in Norway now. She said in an interview for the school newspaper that if given the chance she would love to be in a band again. One can only hope, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Novaë

Novaë

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Naiad wrote:
Novaë wrote:

She teaches music or singing somewhere in Norway now. She said in an interview for the school newspaper that if given the chance she would love to be in a band again. One can only hope, I guess.

I know that!
But she is really away from the midia... I guess o_ô
Back to top Go down
Naiad
Mistress
Naiad

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Novaë wrote:
Naiad wrote:
Novaë wrote:

I know that!
But she is really away from the midia... I guess o_ô

Well, if you think about it, she's really always shied away from the press and such stuff... hopefully she'll come to a baaand soon... and not be put into the background of it...
Back to top Go down
Almagest
Protector of Tarja's Craziest Fangirls
Almagest

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm a huge admirer of the first two albums, especially because of the killer atmosphere and of course, Vibeke's (sadly underused) vocals. Apart from that, I have Illumination, but I'm not a fan of Vibeke's breathy vocals on here, I even find them jarring. Haven't listened to Rubicon so I can't judge, but hard rock vocals definitely clash with my concept of Tristania, although the songs from Illumination may in fact sound better with Mariangela.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/florianblaschke
Belial

Belial

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:04 am

I used to love them (and I still love all the albums with Vibeke) but since they're working with Mariangela... I just can't stand the "music" (which is nothing but noise to me) they're making nowadays Neutral .
I think the new versions of the old songs are horrendous and the latest compositions... pale I've only checked a few songs, and one of them was another pseudo-dark-dance-club-hit-with-some-guitars-and-cacthy-intro which sounded too trited and boring ("The Year Of The Rat") ... No , it was just another "Bring Me To Life" wannabe and I'm so tired of such tunes in the Gothic Metal world (you know, since 2003 all female fronted bands are trying to repeat Evanescence's magical recipe for success... and they're all failing miserably), I mean: "Amaranth", "Never Enough", "Closer", "Anger", "My Mind's Eye", "Energize Me", "Stand My Ground", etc... all those tracks are form different bands yet they're all practically identical, and I think that's basically because they want to capture some Amy Lee fans by making cheaply composed singles confused .
I thought Tristania would never be among such bands and would never make such "hit wannabe" songs (Illumination had "Sanguine Sky" that was poppy, but still original and far enough from Evanescence)... I guess I was wrong Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Naiad
Mistress
Naiad

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I am so with you on that one Juan Pablo, it pains me to see such an amazing band go to hell. T_T
Back to top Go down
Almagest
Protector of Tarja's Craziest Fangirls
Almagest

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:36 pm

I dunno, out of those songs, I really like "Never Enough". When I first heard it I hated it too because it sounded so commercial, but it's really well done and more complex and heavy than the others. I still enjoy listening to it for all its pop hooks, silly lyrics and "Lacuna Coil etc. sound-alike" vocals. Call it a guilty pleasure Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/florianblaschke
Belial

Belial

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:45 am

I like those songs too (Actually I like all of them Laughing ), but that doesn't mean I think they're great or original.
I love "Energize Me" (by After Forever), "Never Enough", "Closer" (by Lacuna Coil), "Anger" (by Elis) and I was addicted to "My Mind's Eye" (by Sirenia in their Monica Pedersen era) for a very long time... but I still think they're "Bring Me To Life" wannabe tunes Mr. Green .
Not literally of course, all these songs have their own particular feeling, but they share this same "piano intro + catchy heavy riffs + melodic pop chorus + teeny feeling" structure that cheapens them up Razz .
I like commercial music so I enjoy listening to this kinda of "single hits", but I'll always prefer (and drive my respect onto) more personal kind of compositions.
I personally believe it's ok to have a hit in the album, but when all the singles in the female fronted community, sound exactly the same... Neutral some inspiration might be missing tongue .
And I think that, unfortunally, this is Tristania's case nowadays Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tristania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tristania   Tristania I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tristania
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anteroom of Death :: Off Topic :: Music-
Jump to: