Anteroom of Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you Joker, King or Queen?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rush

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Without a doubt the best (progressive) LIVE band in the world... cheers
They have the best bassplayer, Geddy Lee who is also equipped with a formidable high-pitched voice which makes the songs of Rush even better... geek
Of course it's my opinion but i'm anxious about the opinion of the other forum-members... affraid
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 pm

I've only checked like... two of their songs so I can't say much about them... Laughing .
But you're the fan Twiekie!! tell us more about them, and we may feel teased to get into their music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:09 pm

What can i say about Rush, you really have to listen to their repertoire, especially the live albums!
It is very difficult to explain why Rush is such a awesome band, they play progressive rock but in a way that it even make them better then Pink Floyd.
For me it's actually the presence of Geddy Lee who make this band fenomenal, his voice and his bassplaying-style is unique!
They are second best to no one ...... and yes Juampi they are even better then my 'beloved' Nightwish but ..... Tarja will always be my number ONE... geek

By the way, your review of What Lies Beneath was great to be honest but i have something to add about 'Anteroom of Death', in my opinion there is beside the victorianstyle also a barok-style and that's why this song is such fenomenal.
Of course it helps that Tarja is looking 'very nice' also.....hahahaha... geek
Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Your new avatar doesn't look very friendly Laughing
So they're progressive rock, right? I'll check out some more songs later, is there any "hit" I should start with? Razz
Back to top Go down
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:09 pm

OMG Juan, don't you recognize my avatar.....! Evil or Very Mad
It's McGYVER............ cheers
The only man who is capable to turn a bike into a interstellar spaceship... bounce

Back to top Go down
Belial

Belial

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Welll I must confess I'm not McGiver greatest fan Laughing I had no idea it was him (but I must have seen that show twice in my entire life so is quite a normal thing I didn't recognized him... I mean: I barely remeber he exists Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Almagest
Protector of Tarja's Craziest Fangirls
Almagest

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm barely familiar with them, but their latest album "Snakes & Arrows" is said to be very good. "Far Cry" is the "hit" from this album and I think it is very cool, liking Geddy Lee's voice a lot here ... perhaps a starting point as good as any ...

And Neil Peart is a BEAST! I saw a video where he played a drum solo of like 8 minutes inside this HUMONGOUS drum set (more like a maze Laughing) and I couldn't believe how fast his arms moved Shocked Like a Duracell bunny Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/florianblaschke
Twiekieman

Twiekieman

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:51 pm

You bet that Neil Peart is a beast on drums, normally he is really introvert but when he is on stage there is no BRAKE who can stop him.
Hahahha, he is a bit like Animal of the Muppetshow with his energy.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rush Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rush   Rush I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anteroom of Death :: Off Topic :: Music-
Jump to: